Summer is around the corner. Have you decided on a SIG summer program to attend? Regardless of the program you choose, you’ll find that our summer programs support healthy social and emotional growth for high potential youth and adolescents!
Here are the top 5 reasons to explore summer programs this summer with SIG:
- Increased Independence – From maneuvering around a college campus, taking responsibility for your schedule and activities, and even doing your own laundry, you will gain confidence in your abilities to tackle new situations on your own.
- Life-long Friendships – By meeting students from all over the world and being part of a learning community, you will have the opportunity to meet like-minded peers who are accepting and encouraging, resulting in satisfying relationships that extend beyond summer.
- Academic Enrichment – By engaging in wide-ranging and diverse topics, you will be exposed to new ideas that stimulate your interests, enhance your previous knowledge, and encourage learning in new fields of study.
- Global Citizenship – Our innovative courses offer universal concern and application. Engage with like-minded peers with an increased awareness of your place in the world as a global participant and contributor to future solutions.
- College Preparedness – Being part of a SIG program has many pre-college benefits as you explore potential college majors, navigate a campus, and experience residential life. You will also demonstrate to future colleges that you elected to spend part of your summer engaging in challenging intellectual study.
SIG programs offer a unique opportunity for students to cultivate social skills, enrich their cultural awareness, and enjoy a unique sense of community. SIG provides 3-week summer programs with a variety of program options including Residential, Day, and Day + Evenings and Saturdays for ages 9-17 as well as full and half day options for students ages 5-12.
Whether you enjoy film studies or want to find solutions to ocean pollution, SIG courses are where intellectual minds thrive! Explore your passions and engage in innovative curriculum that focuses on applying creative thinking across multiple disciplines to solve real-world problems. Courses such as Speaking of Winning—What’s Your Point? or Leadership on the Horizon will help increase your potential as an elected official or executive. If you are interested in STEM fields, explore the course, Bionic Humans: Artificial Organs to the Rescue! to investigate how technological innovations impact the engineering of synthetic organs. Navigate the world of deforestation in the course, Save a Tree: Save a Habitat and propose how you can reforest our planet. Don’t stop there! Discuss relevant issues, script, edit, interview, and produce a podcast to engage your audience in meaningful dialogue in the course, Podcast Production. The benefits and social-emotional growth developed through SIG summer programs are transforming and the memories last for a lifetime.
Learn more about SIG program options and courses at giftedstudy.org and apply today. Spaces are filling up!