Is your gifted child passionate about the environment and marine life? Fuel those passions by signing them up for Ocean Crisis: Let’s Clean Up Our Act at SIG!
It’s no secret that water pollution is a major global issue, and marine scientists estimate that over 8 million tons of plastic are dumped into the ocean each year. However, gifted youth of today have the opportunity to fight back in a big way. During this course, students look at this large-scale problem on a smaller, more personal level by examining how their own communities are (or aren’t) cleaning up their acts. Finally, they’ll act as leaders by researching ways that both they as individuals, and their communities as a whole, can help solve this crisis.
Snapshots from Past Years
Ocean Crisis at SIG 2020
Students ages 9-10 can register for this exciting course at several SIG Innovators and Investigators Program locations for summer 2020:
- Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA – Innovators Program (Residential & Day Options)
- Iona College, New Rochelle, NY – Investigators Program (Day Only)
- Nysmith School for the Gifted, Herndon, VA – Investigators Program (Day Only)
- Seattle Country Day School, Seattle, WA – Investigators Program (Day Only)
- UCLA, Los Angeles, CA – Innovators Program (Residential & Day Options)
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL – Innovators Program (Residential & Day Options)
Looking for other exciting courses in STEAM and humanities? With day and residential program options, SIG offers over 80 courses for gifted, creative and academically talented students ages 5-17 at program locations throughout the United States.